Friday, May 23, 2008

God Bless!

As I drove up to Kent Island yesterday for a work activity, I was reminded about why I love the Shore, why this State is great and why this Nation is great. I saw several people who had put out American flags in honor of Memorial Day. Many of them had not put out merely one flag, but several! It is sad that this stood out to me, but I was stricken by how un-patriotic this nation has become. After the horrific and evil events of September 11, there was an outpouring of American pride. Yet merely 6 years later, we have a Presidential candidate who won't even wear an American flag pin!!!!

But true to color, the people of the Shore remember what Memorial Day is about. How we need to honor and cherish those who have given the ultimate sacrifice for our freedoms! The son of a career military man, I have the deepest and most profound honor for those who have served and still serve. I am always humbled when I meet someone who has served our country, or a family member of someone who has died for our nation. We have a debt to them that we can NEVER fully repay.

I urge everyone this weekend to thank a vet or a soldier, and to have a brief moment of silence for those who have fallen. For in our history, All Gave Some, But Some Gave All... God Bless Our Troops, God Bless Our Leaders, God Bless the Shore, God Bless Maryland and GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

No comments: